ISLS Paolo Muiesan Fellowship Program
In Memory of
Professor Paolo Muiesan
The ISLS Paolo Muiesan Fellowship Program has been established to commemorate Dr. Paolo Muiesan who sadly passed away in year 2022. Dr. Muiesan made enormous contributions to the field of liver transplantation. His pioneering efforts in the fields of split-liver transplantation, donation after cardiac death, machine perfusion, and many others have hugely benefited mankind.
In the name of Dr. Paolo Muiesan, the ISLS society would like to support early career surgeons age less than 42 years old planning a career in HPB surgery who are seeking additional training with a mentor.
- Early career surgeons age less than 42 years old planning a career in HPB surgery who are seeking additional training with a mentor.
- Applicants must be a member of the ISLS at the time of application, and maintain their membership until the end of the fellowship program at least.
- Mentor could be a member of the ISLS Council.
- One fellowship awardee will be selected every year or every other year.
Amount & Period
- Applicants may choose a fellowship period of from 3 months to 1 year.
- Depending on the fellowship period, the payment amount will differ as below:
- 3 months~ 1 year
- $1,500 per month + $1,000 airfare
- 1) The application will be accepted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2) The application should include:
- A letter of intent including aim of the fellowship, potential clinical research plan
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae
- Recommendation letter of the mentor from the applicant's organization/affiliation
- Curriculum vitae of a mentor
- 3) ISLS Council will review the documents of the applicants and select the awardee.
- 4) The fellowship may commence at any time after the award has been granted, but no later than six months after the selection.
- 5) The awardee will sign a letter of agreement with ISLS. Payment will be made to the awardee's personal account.
- 6) The awardee has to submit a mid-term report to the ISLS office, which will be posted on the ISLS website.
- 7) The awardee is required to submit a final report to the ISLS official journal and make a presentation at the ISLS biennial congress.
- 8) An official ISLS Fellowship Ceremony will be held at the ISLS biennial congress.